Monday, July 28, 2008

It's Almost Over

So, we're on the last full day of vacation. We are all exhausted and ready to go home. It's been a nice break but we've learned a few valuable lessons.

  • All schedules are thrown out the window when you go on vacation. That is especially true when you change time zones. Right now, we're 2 hours behind our "normal" time and that was very challenging the first 2 days.
  • We all love each other but have realized that we love each other more when we don't have to be together 24/7.
  • Even with the best plans, it's impossible to accomplish everything you set out to accomplish.
  • Every vacation must have one day that is a total wash.

Of course, I'll explain all of this more when I get back home and have time to collect my thoughts. I've kept a running diary (of sorts) of each days' activities so that I don't forget about things. I've got a ton of pictures to download and I can't wait to share them with you.

We should be home tomorrow night and then we'll have the fun task of trying to get back on a somewhat normal schedule. Hopefully, I'll be able to update my blog in the next few days. Until then...

No comments: