Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Whirlwind Week

Where has time gone? Last week was VBS and I had the pleasure of helping with music. What a joy it was to see kids learning new songs and choreography and learning about Jesus the whole time. But it was exhausting!!! Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I had so much energy. I was jumping around with the kids and having a grand 'ol time. By Thursday, I hit a wall. I could barely muster enough energy to clap my hands. But I think the kids felt the same way. The closing ceremony was Friday night and it was full of energy. Each year at VBS, the kids bring their change (boys vs. girls) and all the money is used to support missions. This years' money went to buy camouflage Bibles for our service men and women overseas. What a neat idea!!! All of the kids had an opportunity to write a messages of thanks in the Bibles.

This week is a lot slower and it's really quiet at home because Bug is away at church camp. He left Monday morning and headed to Virginia with about 220 other kids from 3 area churches. He'll be back Friday and I can't wait to hear the stories. I miss talking to him though. I've never gone this long without talking to him.

Please be in prayer for a friend of mine. Her uncle passed away this week and I imagine they'll be making the trip from Texas to NC for the funeral. Pray for safe travels and peace for the family as they navigate through this time of grief.

No comments: