Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tadpoles Anyone?!?!?!

I recently commented on a post about how Bug lives for anything critter. The word critter is all inclusive and doesn't discriminate against land or water critters. That being said, this past weekend I allowed Bug to go down to the pond to see what kind of treasures he could find. He set off with a long stick, a bug net, a rope and a water bottle. A couple hours later he came home with a bagillion a few tadpoles and one tiny little frog in the water bottle. He displayed his find on his dresser in his room. He was so excited that he asked if he could go again Sunday.

Last night we had a friend over for dinner. After we ate and baths were given, EJ was in bed and Bug was watching some TV. The adults were sitting around the table talking and I grabbed the first water bottle I saw. I took a big refreshing gulp and something caught my eye. It looked like there was a small piece of bark floating around in the water but upon closer examination, I learned that I'd just taken a swig of good 'ol pond water laced with tadpoles!!!

I immediately started laughing and I thought my guest and I would laugh ourselves to death. Hubby was too busy trying not to throw up so he didn't join in our laughter right away.

After hearing our excitement in the kitchen, Bug came running in and was mortified. He was more worried about his tadpoles than he was about dear old mom drinking pond water and tadpoles. Hubby and our guest were insistent that I take a shot of bourbon or something to kill off the bacteria but I declined.

It's now 5:40 in the morning (I couldn't wait to blog about this - that's how you know you're addicted) and I'm fine. I'll just chalk it up to one of life's great laughs!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA
You ate TAD POLES!!!!!
Oh I am gonna laugh all day. thank you...
BTW.... Been there done things like that too. ;) I found a frog in myt sons pocket AFTER I washed it. darn thing was dizzy/washed/ and still liven. LOL!
Jenn

MamaJ said...

AWWWWWWW, GROSSSSSS!!!! I would have been hanging out over the toilet!!!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That is too funny Cayce! I bet Jason was mortifieddddddddd!

- Megan