Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Real Life "Who Dunnit"

During summer break, Bug can take his Nintendo DS to daycare on Monday and Friday. Yesterday morning I asked him if wanted to take it and he told me that he wasn't allowed to take it anymore. He explained to me that one Friday morning, he was sitting in the corner of his classroom playing and another kid got there and tried to squeeze in and watch him play. According to Bug, there isn't any extra room in this corner so he asked the kid to give him some space. Again, according to Bug, the kid's mom looked at Bug and said something to the effect of "You better let my son see your game."

So, when we got to the daycare, I approached the teacher that was in the room that particular Friday and asked her what happened. She pretty much backed up what Bug said with one huge exception. Apparently, when the kid's mom told Bug that he better let her son see his game, Bug smarted off to her and told her "It's my game and you can't make me show him."

I called Bug over and asked him about it and vehemently denied saying anything like that and honestly, I can't picture him saying anything like that. The teacher was standing right there and said that since it was a couple of weeks ago, maybe he doesn't remember saying it. Again, Bug was adamant that he didn't say anything like that.

Here's my dilemma ... who do I believe? I really don't think the teacher would lie to me (intentionally) but I really don't think Bug would say anything like that to a parent either.

I told Bug that we would discuss it on the way home last night. As we were driving home yesterday, he brought it up and again told me that he didn't say anything to this kid's mom. In fact, he said that the particular teacher wasn't even standing there when all this happened and that this kid went to his mom and told him that Bug had said that.

So, that's my latest quagmire (I've been looking for a way to use that word). Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear,
I suggest that you find the parent and talk to the parent. I personaly don't think that your son should "HAVE" to show the game to another kid if he doesn't want too.... Meaning that hte parent (in my opinion) was rude to your son. that doesn't excuse what he said... IF he said it. BUT if you aprotch the parent (while your son is there) you can all talk about it and the situation together. Than once you work out the bit with your son...work out the bit with the mom. how ever you feel is best.

I would have a hard time keeping my temper over a parent that would look at my son and tell them that he had BETTER let their kid see the game. Um excuse me. I don't think he "HAS" to do that. they should be correcting their son for being overbearing and insisting. there is a life lesson on both sides.

There is my peny of a thought. ;)

MamaJ said...

I think I would find the parent also. What was the parent even doing there, involved in the kid's playtime?
Since it's obviously stopping Bug from being able to to do something he likes, it's worth pursuing...