Monday, July 7, 2008

RIP Thumper and Bambi

We went to a cookout at a friend's house Saturday night. We were on the way home and it was dark and raining. A bunny ran out in the road and I had no choice but to hit it. Bug was mortified that I would hit an innocent animal so I explained to him that if I would've swerved either direction, I would've either run off the road and hit a tree or I would've hit a car head on. Somehow, that led into a conversation about hunting and Bug and Hubby talked endlessly about hunting. A few miles up the road, Bug says "Watch out Mom" and there in the middle of the road stood 2 baby deer. I couldn't do anything except him them. As soon as I did, I started crying and Bug reassured me that there was nothing I could've done. Hubby started telling me that he saw them limp off into the woods but I'm not so sure.

There was no damage to my van but I cried all the way home. Yesterday, Bug started giving me a hard time about killing off the characters of the movie "Bambi". Then he would pretend that he was a deer while EJ rammed a car into him.

Lovely, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel too bad mom .... I have killed the carracters of little bear. ;)

MamaJ said...

Oh my goodness. I was trying so hard not to laugh, but then you described the boys reenacting it. Now I can't stop. Is hunting season even open yet, Cayce?? You've already got several under your belt!