Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Swim, Bike, Run

I'm about a little more than a month into training for my triathlon and I've come to the realization that I have a couple of new addictions and one new aversion.
  1. I love running!!! I run approximately 15 miles a week now. If I don't have an opportunity to run (like last week during VBS), I feel like I'm dragging. I have come to enjoy my time on the running trail.
  2. I love biking!!! I usually meet my friend (the one I'm doing the triathlon with) early Saturday morning for a bike ride. Usually we ride 10 miles but lately, we've cut that back to about 7 and then run after we bike. The first time we did that, we were a pathetic sight. Neither of us had ever tried to run after biking and trust me, it was very obvious that we needed to work on it. We met last weekend and did the same thing ... biked for 7 miles and then ran. This time was much easier and we were able to run 1.5 miles with no problems.
  3. I despise swimming!!! Hopefully that will change as I practice more. But right now, I'm convinced I'm going to drown before I ever have the opportunity to jump on my bike.

That's how it's going so far. I'm definitely addicted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So easy to become addicted. I too am with you. But I have the adversion to running. any advice for me?
Jenn,AK