Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Moment of Weakness

This morning I got up and fixed my food for the day and as soon as I walked into work, I had a serious craving for a pancake. I tried to talk myself out of it but my craving won!! I walked into the cafeteria and ordered a pancake and requested that she make it "small". She complied with my request and handed me my cooked-to-perfection golden pancake. I had no sooner made it to my desk and opened the container when one of my coworkers made a bee line for my desk. Now, keep in mind that everybody that I work with holds me accountable to my plan and this pancake is nowhere near being on plan. So, I can't blame him for giving me a hard time. Nonetheless, I drizzled just a tiny bit of syrup on this rather beautiful pancake and dug in. I have to admit that I felt guilty for about 5 seconds as a savored that first bite. But the guilt ended by the time I got to the second bite.

I can justify my moment of weakness by going on and on about how much I've been working out but I've already written about that. The truth is, I had a craving and I didn't fight it. But, I'm satisfied and now I'll move on with my day.

Later!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you. Never let a craving BEAT YOU UP! it is okay to let yourself have a little bit of something every now and than. I do it too. I had walfels the other morning. it is all about portion control. You can have that as long as you account for the calories. You are doing great. no worries my friend.
Jenn