Friday, August 15, 2008

The Case of the Attack Tree

As a rule, my kids just don't like to pay attention to where they are going. They'd rather look at what's going on behind them than figure out what's going on in front of them. Yesterday, that caused EJ to be attacked by a tree. I wish I would've had my camera to capture what happened, but you're just going to have to visualize it.

So, I got EJ out of the van and he started walking up to the front door. Of course he was worried about a bug that had flown behind him. Have you ever been driving and turned your head to yell at your kids to stop doing whatever it is they're doing to see what what your kids are doing and when you turn back around, you find that you're inadvertently merging into the next lane? Well, EJ did the same thing, only he was walking. So, he turned his head to the left to see this critter that had flown past him and he automatically started walking to the left ... right into our Juniper tree. When he realized that he was getting ready to have a head on collision with the tree, he stopped, stuck his finger out (I have no idea where he got that?!?) and sternly told the tree, "No, no tree. You stop it!!!"

I thought I was gonna laugh myself into the ground last night.

No comments: