Monday, August 25, 2008

It's a Bird ... It's a Plane ....

... it's Cayce running late!!!

I am on the Praise Team at church and was on schedule to sing at church yesterday. I was expected to be there at 7:50 (yes, in the morning) for sound check. When I went to bed Saturday night, I set my alarm for 6:00. That usually gives me plenty of time to get myself ready and get the boys up and dressed. I drifted off into the Land of Zzz's and slept like a log!

I woke up to eery silence Sunday morning. At first I thought that I woke up before my alarm went off but then I realized that it was way too bright outside to be anytime before 6. I looked at the clock on my cell phone and it took a minute for the numbers to register in my brain. No, it couldn't be ... I have to be misreading that time, right? I shook my head and rubbed my eyes and looked again. The time was the same ... 7:23. I had 27 minutes to get showered, dressed and to church (which is 15 minutes away). So, basically I had 12 minutes to do what I needed to do at home.

I threw back the covers and jumped out of bed. I called a girlfriend that was scheduled to sing to let her know that I'd most likely be late but I should be there by 8:30 for the 1st service. Then I snapped at Hubby to wake up. I told him very lovingly rather sternly that I was going to have to leave the boys at home because I didn't have time to get them up.

Man, I've never moved so fast in my life. I jumped in and out of the shower in record time. I threw on my make-up and hoped that it looked somewhat decent. As I was walking out of the bathroom, everything was blurry and it didn't take me long to realize that I'd forgotten to put my contacts in. I popped those in, kissed Hubby goodbye and gathered my stuff. I pulled out of my driveway at 7:43.

On the way to church, every light was green so I made it at 7:55 ... only 5 minutes late! Whew ... what a morning!

1 comment:

MamaJ said...

Oh my!! You and your lead foot, hehe. I love the new look!! Very snazzy!!