Cost of prescription for pink eye: $40
Opportunity to spend the day with Bug: PRICELESS
I got a call from one of the teachers at the daycare letting me know that she was concerned that Bug had pink eye. Bug had spent Sunday with his father and had received some disturbing news that his father is moving. I've been worried about how he's processing it all and last night, after Bug had fallen asleep, I prayed over him that God would protect him and that I would be able to minister to him somehow. As I laid down last night, I again prayed and told God that I knew He had this handled and that I would try not to get in the way. I know that this is all in His plan somehow but that I'm not so good in the patience department.
Today, when the daycare called, I'm ashamed to admit that I got a little irritated because I was looking at all the work on my desk. I gathered my things and headed to the daycare to pick up my child who may or may not have pink eye. We went to lunch and then went to the doctor. The doc confirmed that he does have pink eye and wrote him a prescription. On the way to the pharmacy, it hit me that God had answered my prayer. He had allowed this to happen so that I could spend the day with my son. What better way to minister to a child who's just been delivered bad news than to spend quality time snuggled up together? So, we went to the movie store and rented a couple of movies (Nim's Island and Enchanted). The popcorn is popping and Bugger is enjoying his time with mom.
Thank you God for answering my prayers!!!!
3 comments:
Too bad you didn't see this one in time. Well, not that you are lactating anyway! Ha!
http://aspiringtosimplicity.blogspot.com/2008/08/pink-eye-remedy-review.html
Actually, I did see it and a friend of mine (who is lactating) offered to let me use some. HA!!! I seriously considered it!
I am so proud o fyou for being bale to look/find the gift that God has given you in the day with your son. I know how it can be annoing that we have to go and do something that isn't int he plans for the day. BUT God was kind enough to open your eyes and help you not stand in the way of "You"
About the breast milk. IT WORKS!
Jenn
Post a Comment