Tuesday, August 26, 2008

In the Blink of an Eye

We all know that life can change in the blink of an eye but how many of us really stop and think about that?! I know I don't. This past Friday, my family got some very disturbing news that really made me sit back and take stock of my life. The dreaded "cancer" has struck and it is attacking my father-in-law. This awful disease doesn't discriminate against color, religion, size ... it's an equal opportunity disease.

So, my family has been thrown a curve ball. But my FIL has a sense of humor that I'm sure will help pull him through this dreadful time. Sure, he's going to go through hell when he starts up with his chemo in a couple of weeks. To add insult to injury, he will undergo radiation at the same time.

The doctors are being very aggressive in his treatment. I pray that he only has to go through this once.

I've always been told that life is temporary. What will you do while you're here?

1 comment:

Kim said...

Cayce.I'm Jana's friend and I read your blog. I think you've read mine too, and kind of know my story, but I will say when you are at the point and have been told you or a loved on have the "C" all you can do is hold onto the Father and all the peace, love, and strength that HE can give you! If I can do anything beside pray please let me know! What type of cancer is it, and what hospital is he being treated at, and who's his doctor? Kim:)