Thursday, August 21, 2008

Huh???

I was talking to my hubby a few minutes ago and he was bragging because "he'd done 3 loads of laundry" last night. As he kept explaining, it became pretty clear that he was stretching the truth just a bit. He figured that because he'd taken one load out of the dryer, put a load in the dryer, then put a load in the washer, that he'd done 3 loads.

I tried to let him down gently while still letting him hold on to a little bit of his ego. I thanked him for doing some laundry but explained to him that he had done the equivalent of a 1.5 loads. This is his justification ... are you ready?

"Well, do you know how girls do 'girl push-ups'? They aren't real push-ups but you still tell people you can do so many push-ups. Well, that's why I can say I did 3 loads of laundry."

WHAT?!?! Hey, at least he did some laundry, right?

2 comments:

MamaJ said...

HAHAHA! What a come-back Jason! Hey, I am proud of him for doing the 1.5 loads!

Anonymous said...

Technically, "doing" laundry requires seeing the load from the washer to the dryer to the basket to be folded to be put away by the wearer. So there.