I'm going to tell you a little secret about me ... I don't like going to the grocery store! The thought of making a list, walking up and down the aisles with pen in hand, comparing prices, telling my kids ad nauseum that they can't have something - none of it appeals to me. Imagine my excitement when I found out that one of the stores in my area offered online grocery shopping.
I reluctantly went online to their website one evening (while sitting at home in my jammies) and proceeded to do my grocery shopping. I could take a break to break up a wrestling match or even fold a load of laundry. I requested to pick up my groceries the next day after I left work.
After work the next day, I pulled into the designated lane, pushed the little button and was greeted via intercom by a cheery little teenager who obviously had no responsibilities to weigh her down who asked for my name. Somehow she managed to hear it over the chatter of my kids and within 5 minutes, she was pushing my buggy full of groceries out to my van.
I felt obligated to assist in the transfer from the buggy to the van so I got out. She crossed her eyes and cocked her head to the side politely told me that I didn't need to help ... I was defeating the purpose of the "to go" theme. I asked if she could accept tips and she told me they couldn't.
So, from there I was hooked. Anytime I have a big trip, I do it online from the comfort of home. The way I see it, I'm saving money. Anytime I go to the grocery store and have to walk up and down the aisles, I walk out spending $50 more than I'd budgeted for. Instead, I pay a small fee to let some cheery little teenager walk through the store and shop for me.
Life is grand!!
3 comments:
All good until you get out of date meat or Bacon Ranch dressing..........
That's great...I always wondered who used those things....I might check that one out myself...I definitely know what you mean about spending $50 more than you budgeted for...
So, was it Lowe's Foods, or Bloom? Man, I miss me some modern grocery shopping! There are only two to choose from here, and neither is worth it! Ugh.
Post a Comment