Yesterday afternoon, Bug got sick and I knew it was because he was so congested. So, I decided to go ahead and send him to school. He hadn't run a fever and I figured he'd be fine. While we were waiting on the bus, he wasn't his usual talkative self and he was a little pale. I asked him if he was okay and he assured me he was. As the bus pulled up, I reminded him to get all of his work that he'd missed so we could work on it over the weekend.
I went to work and at 8:15 the school nurse called. Yep, Bug had gotten sick and I needed to come get him. She said that he didn't have a fever but he was extremely pale. At this point I started getting a little worried so I called the nurse at the pediatrician's office. She said that it was probably a combination of the congestion and the antibiotic making him sick and suggested that I try to BRAT diet for the remainder of the day. I thought it was interesting so I figured I'd share it with you:
B = Banana: After 4-6 hours, Bug could have 1/2 a banana.
R = Rice: If he tolerated the banana, I could give Bug some plain rice
A = Applesauce: If he was still tolerating the first two things, he could have applesauce
T = Toast: The nurse told me I could add a little bit of honey to the toast.
By tonight, Bug had eaten all of the above foods and was doing well. We grilled out steaks for dinner and Bug had a few pieces along with some plain rice. I'm happy to report that all is well!!
No comments:
Post a Comment