Monday, November 17, 2008

Pet Peeve

Do you want to know how to get on my nerves quickly? Just spell my name wrong. Now, I know that "Cayce" isn't a normal spelling but it's not difficult either. The Vice President of my department here at work is notorious for misspelling my name on emails and it really irritates me.

This morning he sent me an email and addressed it to "Casey" and asked me if I was going to take care of a certain task. I grit my teeth together and responded to him that it had been taken care of. In the automatic signature, I bolded and italicized Cayce in the hopes that it would catch his eye and he'd correct himself. This was his reply: Thanks Casey.

To me, it's so disrespectful when the VP of my department, a man I've worked with for nearly 3 years, can't get my name right. I mean, it's not like my name is "LaQuishanita" or anything far fetched like that. Apart from just emailing him and saying, "Look, my name is C-A-Y-C-E," I don't know what to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LaQuishanita! Wow, do you know someone by that name?

Cayce said...

Nope ... I made it up. But I'm sure that somebody has that name.

MamaJ said...

I think you should point it out, subtly "Hey, did you know you misspell my name all the time?" And for the record, I will be calling you LaQuishanita from now until Kingdom Come. I am changing you on my caller id.