It all comes down to today. By this time tomorrow, barring any unforeseen problems, we'll know who our next president will be. I hope that each of you were able to cast your vote for who you feel like will lead our nation in the right direction.
When I got home from the polls, I emailed my mother and casually mentioned that I'd fulfilled my civic duty. Her reply got me thinking ... she asked if it was a duty or a privilege. I think it's both. I think we have a duty to ourselves, our family, our nation and the men and women who fought for our rights to vote to enter the polls educated. But it is most definitely a privilege to have the right to even cast a vote. There are so many nations whose leaders are appointed without any thought given to the "common man" who will be forced to follow the rules set forth by their dictator.
I also think that as Christians, we also have the duty to enter the polls prayed up. As I was praying recently, God laid 2 Chronicles 7:14 on my heart. It says "if My people who are called by My name shall humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land."
I think God is very sad at how divided this great Nation is. This country was founded on Christian principles and slowly, we've conceded to ideas that on their own, seem harmless. But all of these "harmless" ideas together have taken this country so far away from God. I know how saddened I am by that so I know that God has to be so much sadder.
It's just some food for thought today. We need to get back to God. I think the future of our country depends on it!
1 comment:
Amen,
It is 0819 here and the polls jsut opened. at 5 degrees my car wouldnt start. *G* so my dad is on his way to get me and hubby there witht he littelest in toe so that we too may fill out our privlage. ;)
Love to you.
Jenn
Post a Comment