EJ has had a handful of haircuts in his 2 1/2 years and every one of them has been traumatic for everybody within a mile radius. I have to hold him on my lap and listen to him scream as the lady comes at him with scissors. It's not pleasant!!! By the time we leave, we are both exhausted and in dire need of a nap.
The last time EJ got a hair cut though, he still sat on my lap but he didn't whimper one time. I was amazed so I figured I would try my luck again last night. Both boys needed hair cuts so I took them to the place they normally go. When we walked in, there were a ton of people waiting and the guy at the register told me it would be at least 35 minutes. There was no way I was going to wait that long so I called Hubby who was also getting his hair cut about 10 minutes away. He said there wasn't any wait so we headed that way. EJ started pitching a fit because he actually wanted to get a hair cut. I couldn't believe it. I kept telling him he was going to get a hair cut in a minute.
We pulled up and sure enough, there was no wait. We walked in and I decided that I was going to try to let EJ sit by himself to get his hair cut. Know what?!?!? He did!!!! He sat in the big boy seat the whole time and didn't flinch. I was so proud!!!
The last time EJ got a hair cut though, he still sat on my lap but he didn't whimper one time. I was amazed so I figured I would try my luck again last night. Both boys needed hair cuts so I took them to the place they normally go. When we walked in, there were a ton of people waiting and the guy at the register told me it would be at least 35 minutes. There was no way I was going to wait that long so I called Hubby who was also getting his hair cut about 10 minutes away. He said there wasn't any wait so we headed that way. EJ started pitching a fit because he actually wanted to get a hair cut. I couldn't believe it. I kept telling him he was going to get a hair cut in a minute.
We pulled up and sure enough, there was no wait. We walked in and I decided that I was going to try to let EJ sit by himself to get his hair cut. Know what?!?!? He did!!!! He sat in the big boy seat the whole time and didn't flinch. I was so proud!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment