When I went to bed last night, I set my alarm for 7:30. My intention was to get up and run, go to my weigh in and come home. I woke up at 6:30 and turned my alarm off and slept until 9:15!!! I must've been tired because I never sleep that late. When I woke up and realized that EJ was still asleep, I decided I would go ahead and get my run in. I finished up and was home by 10:00 and settled in on the couch to read more of my book. A friend of mine got me into Karen Kingsbury and I've read the first 2 books of a 5 book series in less than a week!!! They're THAT good! Anyway, after I read a little bit, I gathered the boys and headed up to LA Weight Loss for my weigh in. I've been in maintenance for 5 weeks and I'm happy to report that I have maintained my weight!
On the way home, I made a spur of the moment decision to get the boys' hair cut. I called hubby to let him know and he commented on how brave I was. EJ can't stand to have his hair cut. He usually starts screaming the minute we walk in the door. By the time we sit down in the chair, he's clawing at me to get out. But today, he didn't even whimper!!! The lady that was cutting his hair kept him engaged the whole time and never stopped talking to him. I'm gonna have to get her schedule!
When we got home, it was time for lunch and a quick bath to get all of that hair off of EJ. His nap was going to be short today because we had a recital to go to at 4. My friend's fiance' (the friend who has me hooked on these books) is graduating in June with a Bachelor's Degree in Music Education and the recital is part of his requirements to graduate. I woke EJ up at 3:00 and surprisingly, he was in a good mood. Usually, he takes at least a 3 hour nap on the weekends but he'd only been asleep for about an hour and half. We got dressed and headed off to the recital. EJ was very good and sat through most of it. He had his Fruit Loops and whenever there was a quiet moment, all you could hear was "crunch, crunch, crunch". The recital was magnificent ... Thomas is extremely talented. Here's just a little bit:
Both of the boys needed new shoes, so on the way home from the recital, we stopped off at Kohl's. Do you remember getting new shoes and wanting to wear them out of the store. Bug & EJ both kept their new shoes on and both were thrilled with their new duds.
We stopped for pizza on the way home and now, both of the boys are in the bed and I'm headed there as soon as I finish this post. I've got to get up and run in the morning then I hope to go on a bike ride tomorrow after church. There is a group that rides together every Sunday and my friend has been asking me for weeks to join them. I was going to last Sunday but my in-laws came over for dinner.
Oh, let me update you on my father-in-law too. He's in the hospital right now and I covet your prayers. He's had his last round of chemo and next week is his last week for radiation. But he's in a lot of pain and is dehydrated. He was at the oncology clinic yesterday for some extra IV fluids and they wanted him to be admitted to the hospital for the weekend so that they could deliver IV pain meds and fluids to him. Hubby talked to mom-in-law earlier and she said that he's pretty out of it today.
So, that's been our weekend so far. Tomorrow promises to be another hectic day for us. But, that's the life we lead sometimes!!
No comments:
Post a Comment