After I get ready in the mornings, I usually go to the kitchen and fix myself a piece of peanut butter and honey toast. This morning was no different but I used the last piece of bread. I've been pretty slack about going to the grocery store lately so I didn't have another loaf ready to go. Lately, Bug has asked me every morning if I can pack a lunch for him to take to school but I never have time. He asked this morning and I almost felt better about my answer because it wasn't going to be the same 'ol "I don't have time this morning, honey" answer. I could honestly tell him that we were out of bread. Pretty bad, huh?
After he asked me and I'd given him my new and improved answer, I turned around and looked at the calendar on the fridge and on today's date, in BIG BOLD LETTERS it said, "Bug's Fieldtrip - Bag Lunch". Oops!! I opened the pantry and realized that I didn't have anything that I could send him with. But then I caught a glimpse of some English muffins that Hubby recently bought. I told Bug that he was going to get a Peanut Butter and Jelly English Muffin today.
Hey, it was all I had. Maybe I'll go to the grocery store tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment